Jacobacci & Partners manages over 80,000 patents across a wide variety of subject matter, demonstrating our ability to handle virtually any patent matter presented to us.
We have been involved in complex patent litigation for over 140 years dating back to an infringement action concerning Edison’s light bulb.
The wide range of expertise represented by our professionals allows us to provide services to protect inventions in every technological field – including, among others, mechanics, electronics, software, industrial and pharmaceutical chemistry, biotechnology, and nanotechnology. We assist clients at all stages of research with patent filings at the national, European and international levels.
How to apply for a patent
Patents and utility models protect technological aspects of products or processes that are novel, inventive and have applicability and reproducibility for industrial applications.
The procedure begins with the submission of an application at the patent office for the jurisdiction of interest. In Italy national applications are filed with the Italian Patent and Trademark Office (UIBM).
Our team of professionals include many having academic and industry experience. Our professionals provide comprehensive strategies for your inventions with the widest possible protection while at the same time keeping the client’s budget in mind.
Our patent services
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications, designs and models before the European Patent Office and competent authorities abroad through grant or registration
- Procurement and Management of Supplemental Protection Certificates
- Prior art searches to evaluate the potential patentability of your invention or to establish the invalidity of third party rights. Assessment of the validity of patents and design registrations to advise on freedom to operate and potential infringement of third party rights
- Management of infringement and invalidity cases and opposition proceedings before the Boards of Appeal of the EPO.
- Technical advice in complex patent litigation.
- Detailed assessment of the economic value of patent portfolios. The results of the analysis, which include data on market and competition, are used to assess both the costs related to the creation and maintenance of a patent portfolio, and to estimate the income that may result therefrom.
- Detailed presentations of patent portfolios for potential investors, partners and/or purchasers
- Jcube platform for independent, one-click online consultation of clients’ patent portfolios on our secure database.
Throughout our 140+ year history we acquired particular experience relating to: Engineering (advanced technology, electrical engineering, electronics and IT, design) and Chemistry (chemical pharmaceutical, industrial, agrochemical, medical biotechnology, nanomaterials, recycling waste, packaging, medical devices).