We manage a portfolio of approximately 100,000 trademarks for all types and sizes of clients. We have been recognized as the top filer of trademark applications with the Italian Patent and Trademark Office and as a top 10 filer of European Union trademark applications.
The professionals of the Jacobacci & Partners trademark team provide assistance in all areas of trademark management, supporting clients by identifying opportunities and market risks. We not only protect clients’ rights but we also help to maximize resources through licensing, merchandising and sponsorships.
A team of highly skilled consultants is at your service to develop, implement and manage international trademark portfolios while providing realistic and clear information about the costs of each service. From the company logo registration to world-wide anti-counterfeiting actions, together we build a strategy to promote and safeguard your intellectual property rights.
Our professionals have considerable experience in opposition, nullity and cancellation proceedings with EUIPO. In addition we frequently handle oppositions at the national offices in Italy, Spain, France and Switzerland.
How to register a trademark
Trademarks form the most basic component of a company’s recognition and value. Indeed, trademarks are often the main asset of an enterprise.
Therefore, once our search indicates that novelty and distinctiveness requirements can be met, trademarks can be protected by filing applications in the appropriate jurisdictions.
Subsequently, through surveillance services both on the market and on local offices’ trademark registers, prompt action can be taken in case of an identical or confusingly similar trademark publication filed by third parties, in order to oppose the filing and use of same in the appropriate venue.
Our experience and constant study of international procedures allow us to design innovative solutions and develop cost-effective filing, surveillance and anti-counterfeiting strategies on a worldwide scale.
Our Trademark Services
- We provide advice on the best strategies for protecting trademarks domestically and around the world
- Coordination and management of worldwide trademarks portfolios
- Filing and prosecution of Italian, Spanish, French, Swiss, European and International trademark applications
- Performing searches for interference and drafting of opinions on freedom of use of a trademark, identifying possible barriers for the registration and advising on the risk of infringing third party rights
- Modifications to existing trademark portfolios in order to optimize protection, filling gaps in coverage and providing advice on same.
- Monitoring/surveillance services relating to third party filings of confusingly similar trademark applications
- Filing and prosecution of oppositions and passive oppositions before the Italian, French, Spanish, Swiss and European Trademark Office.
- Advice on counterfeiting, unfair competition and anti-cybersquatting
- Defending against cancellation actions of European Trademarks before EUIPO
- Customs enforcement in Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland and on a pan-European scale.
- Negotiation and drafting of license agreements
- Licensing and assigning trademark rights to third parties
- Opinions on copyright
- Opinions on the protection of domain names
- Additional legal services with our colleagues in the law firm Jacobacci & Associates
- Conducting due diligence and evaluation of intangible assets, for example, in order to identify risks associated with the assessment of the value of a business
- Organizing training sessions and internal seminars for clients
- Jcube platform allows clients one-click access to their worldwide trademark portfolios