Elena began her career at Arthur Andersen Consultants, Barcelona (Spain). As a Quality Consultant, Elena's work focused on the analysis of European and International laws and directives in the field of Quality and Safety Systems and Product Certification, managing procedures for product homologation and certification.
Since joining Jacobacci in 2005, Elena has represented and advised Italian and foreign clients on all trademark-related matters. Elena has attended INTA and MARQUES conferences, establishing professional relationships with IP lawyers and trademark attorneys. She is currently responsible at Jacobacci for the relationships with trademark agents.
Elena has a broad range of experience in trademark clearance and pre-filing advice, filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademarks, before the Italian and European Trademark Office (EUIPO). She has extensive experience handling oppositions before the EUIPO, on behalf of Italian and foreign companies, and has successfully negotiated out-of-court settlement and coexistence agreements, balancing the risks, costs and results, while providing practical solutions. Elena handles and coordinates the worldwide enforcement of a number of prominent trademarks, cooperating closely with local attorneys at law, and has acquired a thorough knowledge of legal and practical issues relating to trademark enforcement throughout the world. She is highly experienced in developing and implementing trademark strategies and has a large caseload of anti-counterfeiting activity.
Areas of expertise
Elena manages the worldwide trademark portfolios of major Italian companies operating in the fields of fashion, luxury goods, energy, banking, foodstuffs and wine. She provides tailored strategic and practical advice on IP related issues to multinational corporation as well as to small and medium sized Italian companies.
She regularly counsels major US and English companies on trademark issues in Italy.
Her professional activity includes trademark clearance, filing and prosecution before the Italian and European Trademark Office (EUIPO), oppositions and negotiations of settlement and coexistence agreements.
Elena has authored several publications, and has collaborated pro-bono with the Turin Chamber of Commerce. She frequently gives in-house presentations for clients.
- 2024 - Featured by the WTR1000 Review as one of the highest-rated professionals in Italy in the trademark field: "Excelling in anti-counterfeiting, Elena Monte tailors her service to suit her patrons' commercial needs"
- 2023 - Featured by the WTR1000 Review as one of the highest-rated professionals in Italy in the trademark field: “Elena is an all-round professional who excels in the anti-counterfeiting arena”
- 2022 - Featured by the WTR1000 Review as one of the highest-rated professionals in Italy in the trademark field: “An excellent contact for anti-counterfeiting work”
- Ranked in 2021 Leaders League - Trademark Prosecution - Italy
- 2021 - Featured by the WTR Global Leaders: Private Practice
- 2021 - Featured by the WTR1000 Review as one of the highest-rated professionals in Italy in the trademark field: “devises ironclad strategies and saves patrons hassle when it comes to anti-counterfeiting actions”
- 2020 - Ranked and recognized by the WTR1000 as one of the most recommended trademark professionals in Italy: “Quick off the blocks, Monte coordinates bullet proof enforcement plans".